I went Christmas shopping yesterday, and I'm happy to report that I'm a good 90% done. It's such a good feeling!!! I enjoyed the hour drive there and back listening to the music I wanted to listen to with no "Mommy, turn it up", "Mommy, I don't like this one", Mommy, turn my favorite song on". Yes, I got to listen to wanted, at the volume I wanted, with no kids tunes! I love my kids more than anything in this whole world, but I have to admit that once in a while it's nice to have some alone/quiet time. Even if quiet to me is blasting my favorite music that I don't let my kids listen to!
Anyway, I was getting to an area where my favorite radio station didn't come in (of course) so I turned stations...it was country. There was a couple of good songs on, so I left it... then came on one that I've heard before, but never actually listened to closely. It's about a dad imagining his baby girl growing up. Let me tell you, I became waterworks before the first verse was over! So there I sat driving in my car happy to get to go shopping, balling the whole way through the song (and a little while after, as I kept thinking of the song) Geesh, I'm such a baby!
Anywho, It made me want to share it with you all. And with Luke's birthday just around the corner, I thought it was a fitting time to share. Many of my fellow bloggers have baby girls (tho if you have boys you will probably be as equally choked up?). Gotta give a shout out to Angela (and her beautiful new baby girl Parker Lou)...immediately thought of you, as you have the newest addition ;)
Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!!!
ps, I didn't use the "official" music video because of copyright reasons, so I used one that someone put the lyrics too! Thought this was better because then you can actually read them?
Aw, that song is so sweet. I always think of it when I'm having one of those days. Puts me back in check.
ReplyDelete